What are Stretch Marks?
Stretch mark treatment solutions, stretch mark removal at The Grove Skin & Laser Clinic, Swansea.
Stretch marks are narrow streaks or lines that occur on the surface of the skin. Medical persons refer to them as stria or striae and during pregnancy – striae gravidarum. Stretch marks are red or purple to start with, they then gradually fade to a silvery-white colour. They are usually long and thin. They can occur anywhere on the body but most common areas are tummy, thighs, top of legs, top of arms and breast.
Sublative stretch mark treatment resurfaces the epidermis, and help to improve both old and new stretch marks. Heat and energy are delivered beneath the surface of the stretch marks, stimulating the body’s natural healing response and maximising collagen production. Collagen production increases over time and with each treatment, producing new healthy skin cells that work to repair, plump and mend the textural appearance of stretch marks.
Does it hurt ?
It can feel a little uncomfortable, similar to sun burn but would not be described as painful.
How long does it take ?
Depending on body area between 20-40 minutes.
What is the treatment process ?
- Avoid the sun 2-4 weeks before and after treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, acyclovir will be needed on the day of treatment and for 5 days post treatment.
- You must discontinue tanning creams two weeks before treatment.
- (for Men) You must shave the area.
- Your therapist will cleanse your skin before treatment.
- Your therapist will apply topical anesthetics.
- Immediately after treatment, there may be redness and swelling at the treatment site, this may feel like mild sunburn.
- You can apply mineral based make up unless there is any sign of blistering.
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the the chance of hyperpigmentation or darkening of the skin. Use an SPF of 30 or greater every day.
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated area.
- Between days 2-5 some mild shedding of the skin may occur treat the area gently.
- Avoid hot baths and heat treatments and treat the area gently for the first 24 hours as if you have sun burn.
How much does this cost ?
Depending on area but the most cost effective way we have found for our patients in the clinic is to charge per head piece and one head piece may last for your whole treatment session or you may need more. Therefore the cost per head is £250.
How do I book ?
The easiest way is to call us at the clinic on 01792 202002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stretch Mark Solutions Swansea